Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 389

Thread: Your stuff?

  1. #221
    Inactive Member FlamTriplet's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2003
    Posts
    520
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This is a great thread.

    BTW, my bands website is done and we have a quicktime video of our first performance 30MB. As well as a MP3. They are in the media section. I don't have a direct link as it's a flash site.
    www.modulusmusic.net
    Enjoy!
    Yeah! [img]graemlins/sleepy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

  2. #222
    Inactive Member Dazzler's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    1,373
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Derek, nice playing on 'Stickle' mate, really lovely, relaxed groove. Great feel and who is your bass player? He's not too shabby either!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  3. #223
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    FlamTriplet,

    Are those singles on the kick?!

    Heels up or down?

    While not into this type of music,
    I can still appreciate the precision
    and stamina that you have developed
    down on the kicks.

    Crazy, man!

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

  4. #224
    Inactive Member Manos's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, I thoroughly suck at drums, but at least I can play fast, heh. More notes = more better, righT? [img]wink.gif[/img]


    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/shadowfaxxmusic.htm

  5. #225
    Inactive Member FlamTriplet's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2003
    Posts
    520
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by peter c:
    FlamTriplet,

    Are those singles on the kick?!

    Heels up or down?

    While not into this type of music,
    I can still appreciate the precision
    and stamina that you have developed
    down on the kicks.

    Crazy, man!

    [img]cool.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks Pete!

    When playing just regular RLRL over extended periods of time, I play heel up. But I also use my hips alot. If I need to play rhythmic on the feet, then I usually go down to my heel on the right.
    If I have spent all my energy during our set, and the singer calls an extra tune, then it's panic time, and I tend to use my whole body.
    It's a lot harder to play slower on the kicks, especially with the AXIS pedals. I like using a double pedal like the Pearl or Cadeson for everything else. They get a better whomp on the kicks.
    But my band has not done a tour yet. Playing this kind of music on a tour really refines the techniques. I guess this is true of all music.
    Anyway, thanks again!

  6. #226
    Inactive Member mwm's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Manos,

    Web page says the songs "have not cleared."

  7. #227
    Inactive Member Manos's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 2003
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh... you may have to settle for lo-fi until then. It's not really worth waiting around for =P

  8. #228
    Inactive Member FlamTriplet's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2003
    Posts
    520
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Manos. Nice speed, now keep the feet going for more than a measure. Your speed is sprint based, work on keeping it up for an extended period of time. Add a beat at a time, and you will rip.

  9. #229
    Inactive Member eaglebeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2002
    Posts
    234
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post



    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 10, 2004 06:29 PM: Message edited by: Eaglebeat ]</font>

  10. #230
    Inactive Member Klemme's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2003
    Posts
    854
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nice playing EagleBeat! I like your discipline, only playing what's necesarry.

    At the local Place, nice tune! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •